So whats the delay with Kaspersky??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

OK whats up with this picture :blink: If I go to any other site on Kasperskys global section that doesnt speak English, then Version 7 is available, but go to the English speaking sites, and its still Version 6 :blink: whats with the Hold Up :blink: o_O

2. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Marketing purposes.
    Only Russia , Germany and France are released. UK, US and Holland will follow soon. I know that Holland will follow at August 1st

3. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

5. Macstorm

Hi Jerry, KAV 7.0.0.125 it's already here indeed (in my machine :D )
    I paused my current AVK last week in favor of the new KAV and I must say I'm very impressed, it runs like a dream!!
    Congrats to all KL development team :thumb:

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Mac,
    I was using KIS 7 on my laptop, and it was also running without a hitch. I uninstalled it before the trial was over to satisfy my curiosity as to whether the Systweak key would be accepted for KIS 6. It was, and V6 is running so far as well as V7.

I want to put KAV 7 on my desktop when it is available, however, I am using AntiVir Premium in the interim, and have the trial until October. It is running so well that if KAV coughs I will go with AntiVir.

I assume you are running the trial, or are you using the official release?

Best,
    Jerry

7. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

As I said in the KL Forums, I think Marketing are just trying something a little different this year. Personally, I think they're going the wrong way about it considering English is an international language.

Releasing an English (international) version with localisations to follow hot on its heel would probably work better.

They may well change tactic for their next major release. ;)

8. Macstorm

Hi Jerry,
    I'm using the official 7.0.0.125 release candidate (pulled from their ftp servers) and applying my current v6 keyfile good until december.
    I hope that new v7 perform well on your desktop pc as good as it's already doing here. :)

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, Mac.
    Regards,
    Jerry

10. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Mac,
    I decided to do the same as you, and my V6 key file worked fine on it. Now I'll see how it runs.
    I hope I don't have to go through much uninstall/install as it changes. I understand that the changes will not require the same effort as V6.

Avira ran real well, but I still have almost a year on my 2 year KAV license so want to see if it is going to be usable to me. I suspect it will be.

Regards,
    Jerry

11. Macstorm

Hi Jerry,
    Great! I hope everything will be fine as well.
    On the other hand, you are correct, I noticed that new v7 GUI has been simplified. In my case I just did some minor tweaking to make this new KAV to fit my needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.