So what is going on? alg.exe in AVG keeps trying to alter a host file!

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by ratchet, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Three times today, Spy Sweeper has warned me and I've blocked alg.exe. In fact I just ended the process. All of the sites that list processes, describe it as a process needed by the XP Firewall (I use Comodo) or network sharing. the S S alert showed it in AVG Anti-Spy and it was part of Anti-Malware Develpement a.s., which is legit. The only other thing different on my PC in the past 24 hours, is a PDF document that I'm editing with Foxit. I'm aware that these PDF creators use a printer subsystem, so that could account for network sharing I suppose but doesn't explain what AVG would have to do with it. I have had no PC issues, other than the warnings, and scans with AVG Ant-Spy, NOD32 and Spy Sweeper have turned up "0". Also, have had no issues after ending the process. I looked in the AVG folder and I didn't see the file, although I didn't dig very deep. So what do you all think? Thank You!

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

With a forum search for hosts brings back numerous threads related to this and even tho it is an answer about ewido from Peter....it still applies to AVG Anti-Spyware.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=640795#post640795

HTH,
    Bubba

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I'm an idiot! Indeed it was avg.exe and not alg. Thank You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.