So what is going on? alg.exe in AVG keeps trying to alter a host file!

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by ratchet, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

Three times today, Spy Sweeper has warned me and I've blocked alg.exe. In fact I just ended the process. All of the sites that list processes, describe it as a process needed by the XP Firewall (I use Comodo) or network sharing. the S S alert showed it in AVG Anti-Spy and it was part of Anti-Malware Develpement a.s., which is legit. The only other thing different on my PC in the past 24 hours, is a PDF document that I'm editing with Foxit. I'm aware that these PDF creators use a printer subsystem, so that could account for network sharing I suppose but doesn't explain what AVG would have to do with it. I have had no PC issues, other than the warnings, and scans with AVG Ant-Spy, NOD32 and Spy Sweeper have turned up "0". Also, have had no issues after ending the process. I looked in the AVG folder and I didn't see the file, although I didn't dig very deep. So what do you all think? Thank You!

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

With a forum search for hosts brings back numerous threads related to this and even tho it is an answer about ewido from Peter....it still applies to AVG Anti-Spyware.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=640795#post640795

HTH,
    Bubba

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I'm an idiot! Indeed it was avg.exe and not alg. Thank You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.