so many false positives

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by trojan, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trojan

trojan Registered Member

why does ewido detect so many .bat files as trojans when they are just small files i have made myself just so many false positives i lost count:mad:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In order to assist ewido and also give them the benefit of doubt how about sending some or all of your .bat files as zipped and password protected archive to submit@ewido.net Please.

3. trojan

trojan Registered Member

i would most likely do that if i was talking about 1 or 2 mistakes but im talking about a huge list of flase posatives so bad not like i have ever seen with any other anti maleware programe i removed ewido i would never use it again

4. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Good.........that's nice to hear..
    :rolleyes:

5. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

How are security software companies supposed to improve their products with customers like that??

All FP's should be sent in if only to save yourself the hassle of that FP in future.

6. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Well then maybe you could send a few of them instead of all.
    Or if they are that small, then why not post the code of one of the .bat in this forum?

Ciao
    Itsme

7. trojan

trojan Registered Member

firstly i was never a customer, i try many differnt software some good some bad. In my opinion ewidio was sofar in the bad that i really don't want much more to do with it. With so much other software to try i just move on, i feel i gave ewido enough chances thats just my personal view!! I would say try this if you have an intrest in this product and an intrest in improving it "(personaly i don't want to spend anymore time on ewido)" download some .bat files free apps utilitys etc and im pretty sure that ewido will detect some of them as malware

from what i can remember apps that clean out msconfig entrys apps that delete history temp files .bat files like this were being detected as malware by ewido alone :cool:

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

9. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

bye ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.