So I'm thinking of again trying Chrome or one of it's cousins.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cherub

Cherub Registered Member

I tried Chrome and liked it but I kept getting the "shockwave flash plugin causes a crash" pop up box. I looked on the net to find a solution but none have seemed to work.

On Dragon, however, I didn't have that problem when I went to the same site i was on when it happened on Chrome.

Any suggestions on fixing that problem?

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I'm not at all knowledgeable on Flash but a few points ... always mention the exact version number of the browser, the command line, the OS and, if it's not a violation of "privacy", the site(s) involved. Basically, the more information you share, the better the chance of being helped.

3. Cherub

Cherub Registered Member

Sorry about that. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, with Chrome 10(latest "regular" version-10.0.648.133). It was ESPN3.Com site.

I tried un-installing flash and re-installing and it didn't seem to do anything. I also tried re-installing Chrome and still had the problem. What was weird is it was working fine on that site and then just seemed to start having the crashes. I did have some extensions on Chrome, adblock plus,ghostery,WOT and forecast fox.

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.