So I bought a 2-year license

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Rivalen, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

Guess I was a bit triggered by the other thread. So guys - please dont spend my 55 bucks all at once.

Some questions and suggestion:

- I have verything on default I think - something was at Maximum, but I dont remember if I set it that way when installing free - I know I havent set anything lower. Any advice for top setup?

- Make the popupUI be able to full sccreen - my eyes are old - way past 60.

- Can I run free Antivir realtime alongsside with all heuristics at max as I always have? Feels cold without old Antivir popping some warnings. (Just uninstalled Antivir Premium trial and want to put free back on.)

From another thread:
    What do I not get from Prevx paid with x64 that the x32 guys get?
    I think Prevx itself has the same protection on x64, but SafeOnline can't load all of the Clipboard protection and Screengrabber protection on x64.
    - So what extra proggy shall I install to take care of that?

Set myself on LUA to help you guys a bit, take care now and inform us about the development of things with this new ownership situation.

edit - Can I run CCleaner between uninstalls and installs as I always have or will it trouble Prevx?

Best Regards

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Self protection, by default, is on Maximum but the other options can be left at defaults if wanted without a problem.

Thanks for the suggestion :thumb:

Yes, you can run both without a problem :)

There aren't any other programs which can provide the missing protection on x64 because it is a conceptually incompatible part of the OS.

You may want to disable Prevx when running CCleaner as Prevx does protect cookies (which could cause some CCleaner versions to be unable to remove them) but if yours is fine, then you should be good to go!

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

3. Rivalen

Less clipboard and Screengrabber protection - how can that hurt me - what can malware do?

4. denis

denis Registered Member

That cookie protection is that something recent? In the past when closing browser ad blocker would deleted them all, so i was wondering if something was wrong with it. (superad blocker):doubt:

5. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Default settings work fine. :thumb:

If you need to take a screenshot, just disable safeonline, and take your screenshot. Otherwise leaving it on at all other times would be safer.

6. PrevxHelp

Prevx's antimalware components still work perfectly fine, as does the rest of SafeOnline's protection. If you run a screengrabber leaktest like Zemana, it will show your screen, but that's the extent of what can be done (just viewing of screen contents/clipboard data).

There are cases where we allow cookies to be deleted but not read so you're fine :)

7. Rivalen

If I ran that test properly the keys I struck in my browsers Google searchfield were all nicely registered by that Zemana test and I have no protection....

Best Regards

8. shadek

shadek Registered Member

What language are you using for your keyboard? I had the same problem with Spyshelters' keylogger.

9. PrevxHelp

It's also probably worth noting that SafeOnline will only protect secured websites (ones that have been configured for protection or are HTTPS). Could you try the same test on https://www.paypal.com 's login fields?

Thanks!

10. Rivalen

That was more fun. HTTP it logged - PayPal it didnt - back to HTTP and now it couldnt logg anything here either. Had to shut down that IE site and start a new HTTP before it could logg again.

So far so good.

What I write in a word document was easily logged - so dont enter your passwords in a word doc - maybe not the best keylogger protection?

Now what happens when I print my masterpassword in Roboform? Virtual Keyboard is not logged - but shouldnt happen - normal keystroke login - registered nicely my master password = no protection from Prevx.

Prevx vs Keyloggers Keyloggers seems to win on KO in the second round or can you help me understand if I am thinking/doing wrong here?

While I wait for your answer I will Google for Keyscrambler and see what I can learn.

Was I too hasty to buy the license or do you have higher ambitions for the future to defend from keyloggers?

Will have the ambition to defend Roboform? Its as important to me as any HTTPS-site.

Best Regards

11. PrevxHelp

SafeOnline's goal is to protect the keystrokes entered in directly to a secured website. We currently aren't protecting outside programs but are extending this functionality in v4 based on manual user configuration. KeyScrambler may provide some protection over Word/Roboform but I'm unsure - however, SafeOnline's keyboard protection and KeyScrambler's keyboard protection cannot run together so you'll end up relying on KeyScrambler once you install it for antikeylogger functionality.

However, note that the master password of your Roboform installation is local to your own system - meaning, if someone was to steal the login, it would do little good as they can't use the password to get into your account remotely. And of course, a keylogger has to run - if your PC is clean, there isn't much need for antikeylogging functionality :)

12. Rivalen

I am not savvy enough to totally understand what you mean. If Preevx protect my PC from being infected by keylogger and protect from some webbbased keyloggers - then I am OK and probably also my software. But if you only protect from keyloggers when I strike keys on an HTTPS website - then I consider your keylogger protection to be at least limited and would like to see improvement - again - if I dont understand - please explain to me accordingly - thank you.

Best Regards

13. PrevxHelp

Prevx 3 will block keyloggers from entering the system and has been tested to be highly effective at doing so and by default, SafeOnline protects only the browser from keyloggers (as that is the most significant risk area as you'll be doing banking/entering credit card information online). We don't protect other programs because SafeOnline is focused on the browser specifically. You can change the SafeOnline protection for HTTP websites as well by clicking Configure next to SafeOnline Browser Security and then selecting "Configuration for all HTTP websites" and moving the slider bar to the right. However, it would be very rare that confidential information would be required on an HTTP website, which is why SafeOnline doesn't automatically protect them against keyloggers.

14. Rivalen

OK - Wilders is HTTP? Not economical values but I want to protect it -so I will do as you say and as long as I use Roboform Virtual Key Board for master password nowone can retrive it - so that should be ito_O
    edit: HTTP at maximum and not a single keystroke registered by the Zemana test.

Best Regards

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.