Snowlinux 4 Glacier - The winter is coming

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by NormanF, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Mrkvonic,

Sorry to hear about your miserable experience with Snowlinux 4 "Glacier" Debian - with Debian Wheezy, you never do know what you get!

I've had magnificent results with Snowlinux 3 "White" - which is based on Ubuntu 12.10 - I copied the Cinnamon desktop version to my USB stick and installed it to my netbook in no time!

http://www.snowlinux.de/582-snowlinux-3-qwhiteq-mate-a-cinnamon-a-gnome-released

The Faenza icons are just lovely and its available in MATE and Cinnamon. Cinnamon works and so does the wireless connection! By not choosing its Debian sibling, my goodwill is never quite spent. The Ubuntu base is always the one to select when testing an Ubuntu-based distribution.

A lot of care was made into making this German distro user friendly and very pleasant to use.

Your review is fair - but please do stick to the Ubuntu version in your future reviews! You'll find much more happiness and will have a much more favorable outlook on the latest newcomers to the Linux distro universe!

CHEERS! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.