Snoopfree

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by rollers, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Hi everyone.

I was a little dubious at first at trying the program, but after reading the few posts that there are on it, even some from the author I decided to give it a try. I am already reasonabley secure with KAV and processguard, but wanted that last bit of peace of mind! So I tried snoopfree. I must say, that from playing around with it, it seems to do exactly what it says on the tin, runs very light, you forget it is there and alerts you of any program wanting to hook the keyboard or read open windows. I have found no problems in running it, so hopefully my post will help someone else to give it a try (its free!) and safeguard themselves from keyloggers. I find it another very useful tool in a strong layered defence.
    Anyone else tried it and have comments ?

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi rollers,

Did SnoopFree give you alerts even when ProcessGuard was running with block global hooks? Thanks for the info.

Rich

3. Hard Rocker

Hard Rocker Registered Member

:D Hi, Could someone possibly post a link where I could investigate this program a little more ?

I am not currently familiar with it. o_O

Thanks,
    HR :cool:

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

5. Its like rich says....you never notice it there....

you can test it out by using keyhook.exe from Diamondcs...or the PCaudit tests
    1 and 2.

It loads up first...doen't seem to slow boot, and works with any app I've used

6. Hard Rocker

Hi Rich, :D

Thanks ( once more ) for your help there guy !!

7. rollers

Hi Richrf,

Yes, I did get some alerts from snoop free even with having processguard running. I have a couple of applications that need hooks to run, my desktop calender is one as it won't work if it cannot hook the keyboard. Just on startup...........up popped the snoopfree alert. I am no expert but find it very easy to use. Again I am no expert, but processguard blocks global hooks and snoopfree I think only looks for keyboard and mouse hooks. I am not sure of the difference, maybe someone can answer that for us.

8. rollers

I did do a lot of searching for such a product to keep the keylogger at bay. The only similar one I found was pricacykeyboard from Raytown. The price.............a hefty $89 or around £51.
    It appears to do very similar things, and from another post in here it appears that someone has gotten past it.
    So, snoopfree at its current price is mmmmmmmmm much better, and above all else it works.

9. Hard Rocker

Hi, :D

I installed SnoopFree last night & had a bad experience with the first download .... it informed me that there was no service for the program & shortly thereafter froze my PC.

I tried rebooting and got the same results several times.
    Finally I uninstalled it from SAFE MODE and Add / Remove Programs .... due to the PC freezing problem.

A couple of hours later I worked up the nerve to try again & noticed that when I tried to delete the initial setup file .... from IZArc (my unzip program) it informed me of a bad zip header. o_O

After that, a fresh download provided me with an uncorrupted setup file & I had no problems at all getting SnoopFree to function !!

So far I have received 3 seperate alerts .... 2 for keyboard hooks .... and the third in regards to a program that wanted to take screenshots. All 3 are programs that I'm familiar with .... but I restricted them anyway .... since I did not see the need for their extreme requirements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.