Snoopfree

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CloneRanger, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I still see this being recommended from time to time, and wonder if that's wise ?

I know it used to be highly thought of, but it hasn't been updated for years, to my knowledge. Also i had problems with it on XP & 98 :(

If anyone has tested it recently with POC's and/or real KL's, let's hear it :thumb:

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

if you run it alone with just an antivirus it's ok and it is solid protection but if you run it with defensewall,keyscrambler or spyshelter will cause problems,i tested my self,and also it really works againts screenshot and keyboard attack type of malware:thumb:

3. CloneRanger

@ jmonge

Nice to hear but,

What OS ?

How recently did you test it ?

Did you throw all the Zemana & SS tests at it ?

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it is xp2 and yes it blocks some of the zemana and some of the spyshelter pocs but i tested with real malware and i was amazed with it;)

5. CloneRanger

@ jmonge

Well sure that's good for an old app :thumb: but these days i don't think "some" would be enough :( That's why i started this thread, so people don't expect it to block as much as others can, if they decide to rely on it.

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it is outdated but still add some protection and for free it is better than nothing:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.