snoopfree

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by EddieT.H., Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EddieT.H.

EddieT.H. Registered Member

hey guys,i was going to try snoopfree today and went i went tothere website, www.snoopfree.com , mcafee siteadvidor post thta site as red... so i am unsure if i should install or not

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Snoopfree is a very good Anti-Keylogger!

Much better than the most sharewares that are available on web, and is very very light on system resources...

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

What´s so special about SnoopFree, is it perhaps more advanced than other HIPS?

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

It's a Keylogger detector.

Free a much better than the most available paid programs...

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yeah but SSM Free and Neoava Guard can also detect keyloggers by blocking certain behaviour, of course they do not use any signatures. I just wondered if SnoopFree used some advanced kind of tech or something, I guess not. :rolleyes:

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

And they say that it's a keylogger?

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

U can try it to see actually how it works. It will catch most of keylogger by hehaviour and will just give one pop up( not a group of pop up).SSM free does not detect keyloggers and screen reading, I am sure. Not sure about Neova guad. Can it detect?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  9. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Thanks for posting that comment aigle. I already noticed that SSM free does not detect keyboard hooks set by Skype, Trilllian (Yahoo) or screen reading hook by Irfanview whereas SnoopFree's detection checking does.
    Those programs are not in itself bad with those hooks, but I was always wondering if conflicts between those 2 HIPS's as when latest SSM free never noticed those hooks.

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am using SnoopFree with SSm and many other applications, no conflicts.
    Only when it gives u a pop up, u can,t use any other application until u reply the pop up( a way of its protection strategy).

11. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have used Snoopfree and it's clean.
    As VC stated,it is very light.

12. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

i was helping the developer of Snoopfree long ago when he was in like 1.04 or something and he seemes to loose interest at 1.07 and has not altered it since. Basic not too bad, but i always prefered AKE or Anti-Keylogger Elite.

13. spindoctor

spindoctor Registered Member

Aren't those programs payware though? Snoopfree is free.

I look at Snoopfree as just another loop in the chain of malware defenses anyway. From what I've read on these forums Snoopfree won't detect kernel keyloggers that good, so you would still probably want some rootkit scanners to find those other keyloggers Snoopfree can miss.

I like Snoopfree's screen capture warning feature, I don't think too many antikeyloggers have that feature. Many antikeylogger authors seem to forget some keyloggers can be set to only capture screen shots.

I think Snoopfree along with a couple rootkit scanners is a pretty good defense against keyloggers and you don't have to pay for those other antikeyloggers that may not provide as good protection as the free stuff combined. ;)

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It,s free and really good. It fails in only two areas, MUK( Martins, Undetectable Keylogger) and kernel based keyloggers.
    Does AKE detect both of these?

15. steely

steely Registered Member

This software somehow causes a conflict with the PartMgr.sys driver on my system.

16. aigle

aigle Registered Member

How did u find it out?

17. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Also crashes one of my online games:(

18. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Well! it is used less and seems not to be in active development so u can expect conflicts. I am lucky it does not conflict on my system. I wish they update it.

19. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have used Snoopfree for probably a couple of years. I have confidence in it. I als run UNHackMe.
    In addition I am using the BD and F-Secure anti rootkit applications.

Jerry

20. steely

steely Registered Member

Following the seemingly slow reboot after SnoopFree's installation, I checked the Device manager hidden devices: PartMgr had a yellow warning sign.

21. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Hey Steeley got the same issue with partmgr.sys however I've never had any issues with any of my installed programs working properly. As for the slow boot cant help you there cause it had no effect on my boot times

22. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I just checked my device manager and found this.
    PartMgr is related to OS Partition Manager. Is it concerned with partition mangement and there should be no issuse as long as I am not going to use OS partition mananger?
    I have no idea about PCllde. What is this and can give rise to what type of issues?
    ( BTW also have no idea about Serial-- googled but could not find my way).
    I don,t have any problem with booting. Any comments here pls.

Attached Files:

• sf.JPG
      sf.JPG
      File size:
      55.9 KB
      Views:
  23. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

yes AKE does both, but both products are pretty much obsolete since i know the developer of ProSecurity HIPS software may perhaps be encoding anti keylogging into it if i remember corectly, not 100% sure, if you would like more info on PS and anti keylogging please in this forum section got the ProSeucurity thread adn as your qustions. The developer has a freeware version planned for the future but right now hes concentrating on main developement at which point upon completion he can create a modular freeware version with some features missing for the payware version.

24. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks.

25. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

as i say though i think the developer may incorporate Anti keylogging into ProSecurity, but i am not 100% sure, but if he does, it will be a powerful protection against even Kernel keyloggers since he was the designer of AKE also . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.