SnoopFree Privacy Shield Questions

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jpcummins, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I am currently running SnoopFree as part of my security. Because I do not understand the following options: (1) Read Screen, (2) Hook Keyboard, (3) Read Unknowned Window, my first reaction is to deny all programs asking for access. However, I have been seeing request for access by programs that I trust. Most of these programs I have paid for but a few are freeware. If I should deny access to a program with a legitimate need will it limit or terminate the programs functionality? Programs I trust such as LeechGet (freeware), Sygate, Microsoft IntelliPoint and Hewlett-Packard (paid) are a few of the programs requesting access.

As a rule of thumb are there certain programs that should be allowed access? If so, any information as to what type programs should be allowed would certainly be appreciated. Thanking you in advance for your replies.

2. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I forgot to say that I submitted the same questions to SnoopFree support and so far have not heard from them.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Snoopfree is no longer being developed.
    So there is no longer any support for it.

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    You should allow the legit apps to hook ... screen mainly. As to keyboard, your choice. For example, some programs use shortcuts and hotkeys, and for this reason, they need to hook the keyboard. If you do not allow the hooking, this functionality will not work.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.