snoop free

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maddawgz, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi i been trying a few little appz mentioned on here but being a novice gets confusing snoop free popped up adn said re firefox and a hook so i denied it? do we need hooks...I was looking at Online Armor if i had that would i need snoop free? thanks MD

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

im not sure about the hooks. maybe its an extension u have?

OA has its own antikeylogger (and it will become even better with v2) so u wont need snoopfree.

3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi Wfuser i took of snoopfree kept antihook and just installed OA today..Quite like it with its Kav engine too as i didnt like KAV alone used to slow me, when does version 2 come out of AO? found 3 things when it did the pc scan so that was gr8.and works well with Antivir too......MD

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have been using Snoopfree for over a year, I think. It is a good application.

If I understand correctly some legitimate applications use hooks as part of the protection. Snoopfree is just alerting to that.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge that me will help here.

Best,
    Jerry

5. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Yep, your´re right Jerry, some apps does use hooks so its not a problem. What´s a problem is if some e.g. modul suddenly wants to hook itself to the system, because then it could be some sort of malware/keylogger, so hopefully snoopfree will alert about the issue...

Regards, C.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Cerxes,

Thanks. I have had it alert to some antimalware applications that I was installing. I think that some AVs or maybe all hook into the registry, but I am not very knowledgeable in this area.

Regards,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.