sneaky diskeeper upgrade?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by lodore, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi, i ordered my diskeeper 10 pro from www.diskeepereurope.com
    but the upgrade price for diskeeper 2007 pro is £27. but if i upgrade at diskeeper.com it will only cost me $30 which is about £15. the only thing you need for the upgrade is the code they give you and diskeeper 10 pro to be installed before the upgrade.
    or for $60 which is about £30 i can upgrade to pro premier 2007 which includes the amazing I-FAAST 2.0!
    anyone who has got pro premier can you tell me if its worth getting the pro premier so i get I-FAAST 2.0?

lodore

2. GoBears

GoBears Registered Member

I had been a DK user for years. Took a look at the Perfect Disk 8 that everyone was talking about and I have to say it's pretty good stuff. Raxco sent me a code today to get 50% off so I jumped at it. The code is THANKYOU. It's every bit as good as DK was and does it in a single pass. That's my 2 cents but I don't think you can go wrong either way.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks but ive tryed perfectdisk 8 already and when you defrag you cant use the pc because its so slow.
    I even had the I/O smart stuff on and i still couldnt use the pc while defragging.
    with diskeeper 10 pro and I/O smart i can do what ever i want and it defrags around me.
    diskeeper 2007 has gone even further with invisitasking and i trialed it awhile ago and it really works.
    lodore

4. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi lodore,

I don't have much time to test and play around with I-FAAST 2.0, because I purchased the Pro Premier before Christmas, and I only installed it today to try it. I noticed that the manual defrag is much faster than in 10.0. Still need some time to test it later, since I still have some other beta software to test. :D

BTW, I think you don't have to be bound by Diskeeper Europe, since I have purchased my copy from the US site. I chose the US site because it offers the 1 year maintenance during which I can download all full installer updates. It seems the 1 year maintenance is not available from Diskeeper Europe, but only from the US. So you may try to upgrade your version from the US site. I was lucky to have purchase it before Christmas, since the Taiwan earthquake has damaged the undersea cables severely in the Asia Pacific region, and I was unable to surf the internet a few days.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

well can you keep me updated on this to see if ifaast2.0 is worth paying for?
    lodore

6. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Lodore, you're not sopposed to do anything while you defrag. ;)

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

true but company's dont have enough time to defrag there system so they defrag when people are using the pc.
    diskeeper always defrags in the background and never caused me any problem.
    maybe perfectdisk is meant to be run when your not using the pc because it uses to much cpu.
    but i thought thats what the i/O throttering was for. so it worked around you liek diskeeper does but it dont work and always uses 100 percent cpu.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.