Snapshot Restore in DOS?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by dja2k, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I am trying to restore an image in DOS for the first time. I keep getting the same error all the time , here is what I right in the DOS prompt

A:\> snapshot restore HD1 partitionstructure|mbr|primary|logical|auto g:\c-drive.sna

The command above keeps repeating that I have to put partitionstructure|mbr|primary|logical|auto as - partitionstructure|mbr|primary|logical|auto

The instructions show to use the " | " key which shows lthree dots instead of a line in dos though the old snapshot instructions seperate the command with a "\", so I don't know

if I put it any other way, i get
    partitionstructure command or file error
    mbr command or file error
    primary command or file error
    logical command or file error

g:\c-drive.sna is valid as I tested it in DOS mode by doing snapshot test g:\c-drive.sma

Can anyone help do that command valid so I can revert my drive. My drive is a Raid 0 setup partitioned into two drives, hd1 is windows and hd2 is programs. The image I am trying to revert is hd1 windows.

dja2k

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

This thread can be closed, I found the right command already. It was as simple as :

A:\> SNAPSHOT RESTORE HD1 AUTO G:\C-DRIVE.SNA

which restored hard drive 1 primary partition automatically.

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.