Snapman.sys and USB Drivers

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jimshu1, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimshu1

jimshu1 Registered Member

I noticed that snapman.sys is listed under driver details for my USB memory stick. I've got a USB problem with WinXP after a clean install and then installing TI. Basically, my digital camera wouldn't connect to WinXP, which it always did before. I had to install the camera's XP USB driver, which it says I should not have to do with XP.

Could Snapman.sys be the culpret?

Thanks for any replies!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jimshu1,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

The snapman.sys shouldn't cause any problems with USB devices. Do you have the same problem after installation your camera drivers?

Thank you.

--
    Ilya Toytman

3. jimshu1

jimshu1 Registered Member

No, I do not, once I installed Fujifilm's USB drivers (they say they are not needed with XP). But with the original XP, I did not have to install special USB drivers to connect the camera. Nor with SP1. Guess I could blame it on SP2! :p

An interesting observation: The camera connected fine with SP2 installed on top of SP1 which was installed on top my original XP. But I slip-streamed SP2 with my original XP installation CD, bypassing these incremental upgrades, and installed this WinXP SP2 OS on a newly formated system. The camera wouldn't connect to that system until I installed the camra's USB drivers.

Anyway, not really pertinent to this board, just fishing.

Love True Image! Thanks for the reply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.