SnapDeploy3 - My Head Hurts

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by EDrive, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDrive

EDrive Registered Member

OK, so I got the full version, some keys and a great manual, i'm off to work, right? Not exactly, after 2 hours of reading the manual, I'm still not sure what's the best of each part of this product to put on which systems. It appears and reads like it will do what I need, but where to install what?

Here's what i'm trying to do:
    I have one Demo pc (the master image i guess)
    I have one very nice server at gogrid.com
    I will soon have anywhere from 5 to 1000+ pcs
    which I will need to look like the Demo one.
    I want a master image of my demo pc saved to my server, then I want to be able to use the server at anytime to distribute my master image to all the new pcs (consumer product which will be built as exact replicas of the demo, of course)
    So the question is, out of the 5 programs available in Snap Deploy, which ones do i put on the server, which on the demo pc, and what boot disk do I need for the consumer product?
    As I said before, I read the manual, and it all sounds great, but it's not very clear on which product should be on which computer and/or server.
    I'm in the finalization of this product and I don't have the time or "chance" to spare testing this out. If something goes wrong, I could be set back months!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  2. jcpb72

jcpb72 Registered Member

Hi,

My Name is Jean-Claude....Here is what I've done.

1) Found a P4 Box, 2GB RAM with a GigaBit NIC to act as a Separate Deploy Server.

2) Loaded XP Pro 32 SP3 & Updates

3) Loaded the following onto the Deploy Server in order:

a) Management Console
    b) License Server - REBOOT - Load Licenses
    c) PXE Server
    d) WakeOnLAN
    e) Created an IMAGE & DRIVERS Folder on the Deploy Server
    f) Uni Deploy

4) Master Image Machine (DEMO) , installed the Management Agent to take Live Images and to check those Image files.

Hope this Helps.

JC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.