Snap Deploy

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Lichar, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lichar

Lichar Registered Member

I would try Snap Deploy before a global deploiement.

I meet difficulties with my computers.

Computers are Dell D630.
    My snap deploy product is up to date.

I solve the problem for the master image creator with bootdisk and the command "quiet acpi=off noapic".

I still have a problem with Snap deploy Agent (bootdisk).
    I create an image with a computer and I want to install this image on a new computer (same model).
    When I launch snap deploy, it works until the "connecting to Acronis OS Deploy Server", the "total progress" bar stop after 4 dots and there's no error messages.

I think the OS deploy Server is correctly installed and my network is on DHCP.

Could you help me ?

Thanks

2. deskside1

deskside1 Registered Member

i trhink you have no problem, once the computer stops with 4 bars, you should see it appear on the management console. And you can proceed with the deployment.
    Acronis has just forgotten to warn the usr that the computer is now connected to the deployment server.

3. deskside1

deskside1 Registered Member

by the way i also have D630 and once you know the noacpi trick and you have the good NIC drivers it works fine.

4. theosuperstar

theosuperstar Registered Member

Thank you for posting this! I have been going insane over the last 4 hours trying to figure out why it stops at 4 bars! :mad:

5. Lichar

Lichar Registered Member

Thanks for all,

Derkside1, you're right.
    I'm waiting for something, a message or other things on the target PC and nothing appears !
    But I could see on the management console the target PC and now the deployment is easy.

See you soon for another question ...

6. bilbro51

bilbro51 Registered Member

I am also trying to deploy an image using Snap Deploy 2.0 build 2141. I am using PXE to connect to the computer I want to put the master image on. On that computer with the Agent set up, I get the 4 bars the same as the others here. I go back to the deployment server and start the process using a template. I can see the IP address of the client in the console and I can select it. As I step through the deployment process using the template, I get to a point "Operation 4 of 7, Acronis Universal Deploy, Enable the operating system to boot on different hardware". At the bottom of this screen there is a checkbox to save the template and the direction "Please press Proceed to to start deployment".
    After pressing Proceed, the pane that holds the IP address of the deploy client, eventually shows 15% Progress and 15% Complete and then right after that the IP address disappears and the computer that was being deployed to reboots.

What is my problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.