Snap Deploy Server: Not picking up client PCs

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by plex, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plex

plex Registered Member

I'm running the Snap Deploy Server Consol on a server with two NIC cards.

The second NIC card is solely for the use of the Deployment server as to not interfear with other network traffic. I'm using a 248 subnet for my "imaging network" (used to Deploy images to client PCs)

I'm having trouble picking up the client PCs in the deployment console The client PCs will boot up, pull IPs from the 258 subnet DHCP server, and idle waiting to accept the image. However, the deployment console will NOT show any record of the client being active. Another words, it just dosesn't show up!

I can ping both ways. I can ping from the server to the client, and from the client to the server. So there is nothing wrong there.

There are only 2 possible issues I see. Unless I'm missing something...

1) The server MIGHT be trying to monitor the "26" subnet as appossed to my new "248" subnet I'm using to image PCs. In which case, does not see my clients.

2) The new NIC card may require the "gateway" field to be setup in TCP\IP settings. Here is my current setup for TCP\IP. IP = 192.168.248.10 Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0 Default Gateay = blank DNS = blank (I can not set up a default gateway or it will interfear with the gateway of the other NIC card.) <--- not sure if gateway is required for this anyhow.

And for the record, on the deployment console I can click "new connection" and connect to 192.168.248.10, but does not fix the issue.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello plex,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Could you please do the following in order to create Acronis Snap Deploy Agent logs so that we could investigate this issue (this should be done on a target computer)?

- When the client side of Acronis Snap Deploy is starting up, wait for boot menu to appear and press F11. As you get the "Linux kernel settings" prompt, remove the "quiet" parameter and press OK.
    - Select Acronis Snap Deploy Agent.
    - After you get the command prompt enter:

product /mode:demon /log-level:verbose /log:../tmp/problem.log

and press enter.

- Reproduce the problem.
    - After you get the command prompt again insert a diskette into the floppy drive and enter:

mkdir /mnt/t
    mount -t vfat /devfs/floppy/0 /mnt/t
    cp /tmp/problem.log /mnt/t
    umount /mnt/t

- Collect the problem.log file from the diskette.

Then, please, continue with the following in order to create Acronis OS Deploy Server logs:

- Launch Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console;
    - Select the "Manage Deployment" option;
    - Specify the credentials for connecting to the machine with Acronis OS Deploy Server and click "OK";
    - Click on the "Show operations log" button on the icon bar;
    - Select the date you need the log from (this should be the last one, which was created when creating Acronis Snap Deploy Agent logs) and click on the "Save log entry to file" (diskette) button;
    - Specify the path and the filename for the log file and click "Save".
    - Collect this log file too.

Having collected these logs please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected files to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. plex

plex Registered Member

Sorry, but your process seems outdated. Floppy drives are becoming a thing of the past and rarely sold with new machines. Needless to say, I don't have one.

Is there a process for saving the log file to a jump drive?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello plex,

Please take a look at the previous post of mine describing how to save these log files onto a flash disk.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.