Snap Deploy Management Console not seeing computers

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by christiantao, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christiantao

christiantao Registered Member

Snap Deploy only intermittently sees the IPs of computers booted up with Snap Deploy Agent. Sometimes I have to reboot the deployment PC and the receiving PC several times in order for the Management Console to see it. I can always ping the IP address of the PC I want to deploy to from the Managament Console PC, so I know it has an IP address and the computers can see each other.

What's going on? Any ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello christiantao,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Could you please check whether you have only one Acronis OS Deploy Server installed in the network?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. christiantao

christiantao Registered Member

I believe there may be more than one installed, but there shouldn't be more than one running. Furthermore although more than the deploy server is installed on the network, they should only be installed on the administrator profie, and there should only be one administrator running at any given time here.

I can try taking the other systems that have the deploy server installed off the network and try again.

Are you suggesting that having more than one deploy server on the network could cause a conflict?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello christiantao,

We do not recommend that you have more than one OS Deploy Server in the network. The program was designed to work only with a single OS Deploy Server because there is no option to indicate to which of them Acronis Deploy Agent should connect.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.