Snap Deploy-How do you use it in your environment?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by MTFysherman, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTFysherman

MTFysherman Registered Member

Greetings from a Snap Deploy 3 newbie. We recently purchased Snap Deploy 3 and I am trying to setup. I am having tons of issues and I think a lot of them are from me not having a clear direction. I installed all products on a Windows Server 2003 but am not able to do many things such as online imaging because I do not have any Server licenses. I have installed the console on my machine but am running into issues running things from the management console such as not having rights to the server where I want to store when creating images. I loaded the agent on the computer I want to image but am not able to see it from my console but can see it from the console on the server, etc,etc. I guess my question is this, what components should be serverized and what do I run from my workstation? If I am running from my workstation, should I be able to create images and the redeploy those from my workstation? Orrrrr do I just run everything from the bootable CD(push images up through the creator and deploy through the stand alone utility) and disregard the console?If folks could just let me know how they are running it that would be a great help. Also, I am having issues with the Dell 755 not recognizing the NIC. I saw that this is an issue on another part of the forum but has anyone seen a solution yet?
    Someone posted Good product + bad support = bad health. Damn Straight!!
    Thanks for any help

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  2. MTFysherman

MTFysherman Registered Member

Re: Setup

I guess I misstated myself. I just want to know how you are using it. What functionality are you using? Are you using the agent? Or do you just do everything from bootable media?
    Just looking for opinions.

3. wisandanu

wisandanu Registered Member

I am utilizing two products, since on the testing I am facing the same problem as you are right now.

For taking any image, I am using Acronis True Image for workstation. It's powerfull, you can dump the image to DVD, external harddisk or to network share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.