Snap Deploy hangs at "Processing, Please Wait. . . "

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by ironspider, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironspider

ironspider Registered Member

Hello all,

We recently receievd our shipment of Dell Optiplex 745s and I set mine up the way I wanted the master image--then cloned it using the acronis master image creator boot CD (or whatever it's called).

I moved the image to the server with has all the acronis software installed on it and configured the PXE server and such.

Now, when I go back to the Dell and reboot and select onboard NIC it starts up the PXE session and finds the Acronis Server. Thne it goes into text mode and says somethign like "IDE-o already in use, skipping probee" and "Ide-1 already in use, skipping probe" then the text screen goes away and the graphical splash screen comes up that says "Acronis Snap Deploy" and below that it says "Processing, Please wait. . ." and it never goes any further than that.

I've rebooted, updated my software, and still the same issue. It just sits there.

Anyone have any thoughts as to what I could tryo_O

Help! and thanks!

2. emtownsend

emtownsend Registered Member

Same boat here using the CD for an Optiplex 740. I can connect in PXE boot mode too but it times out looking for the TFTP server... My firewall is off too.

Maybe Snap doesn'ty work with new Dell NICso_O Help Acronis!

3. andyKo

andyKo Registered Member

I got this same error on a new batch of Optiplex 745 machines. There seems to be another post about this same issue. I guess the best way is to contact Acronis support directly for a newer boot cd with updated NIC drivers.

This is the type of NIC that is in the Opti 745:
    Title: Network: Broadcom 57XX Gigabit Integrated Controller Driver
    Version : A00
    OEM name : Broadcom
    OEM Version: 9.52b

4. emtownsend

emtownsend Registered Member

Did you get a response from them? I have yet to hear.
    I will try calling tech support but I fear our only contact point for tech support is email & they do not respond.
    Good luck. I will post here if I get an answer. Looks like the Broadcom 57xx NIC is not supported as of yet.

5. kevfab

kevfab Registered Member

Has anyone had a successful resolution to this? I purchased this product based on a recommendation and now it appears that my hardware is not supported. I guess I should have checked out the forums before I purchased because unless there is a workaround, this product is useless to me. I have 7 brand new Dell Optiplex 740s waiting to be imaged and I am now unable to continue since I have the same "Processing, Please Wait..." issues.

What concerns me the most is that this issue has been posted for OVER A MONTH and Acronis Support has never responded. This isn't a good sign....

6. doxenberg

doxenberg Registered Member

Maybe I am just pointing out the obvious, but it sounds to me like all you need to do at this point is go back to the PC (or Server) where the SD Management Console is installed and just step through the deployment process.
    Once the CLIENT machine boots up and displays the message you refer to, you should be able to see the target machines in the Management Console waiting for deployment. You have to step through the deployment template process and invoke the image transfer from the console.
    hth

7. Robert_SDM

Robert_SDM Registered Member

Sounds like you may be correct but just in case the problem turns out to be a NIC driver issue you can always use the BartPE plugin from Acronis and use your own driver.

8. salty69

salty69 Registered Member

We just had this problem after getting some new Dell 745s to have a look at before this summers batch purchase.

Contacted Acronis this morning and got a fix about half an hour ago. They told us to download 4 files and drop them on the Acronis server. Problem fixed, my guess is that the driver updates on the PXE server are for the newest Intel chipset since the PC has already booted on the NIC. But I'm just guessing. ;)

Anyway, the link to the files on the Acronis site will be sent to you when you report the problem. They are very responsive to emails in my experience.

9. bobcrotch

bobcrotch Registered Member

I haven't had to contact support until today, I know that their sales staff was great I'm hoping their tech support is the same.

I'm having the same problem with an IBM M55 8808-94U (has a broadcom 57xx chip) and have sent an email to Acronis, lets hope they respond with the same thing you got.

10. bobcrotch

bobcrotch Registered Member

Just to update a few things here. They did send me the replacement files with the broadcom drivers. I also asked about the ability to add your own custom drivers and they said due to support reasons they don't allow it.

I'm guessing though that since it's a custom linux environment you would have to recompile the drivers into the kernel and that would be a pain in the butt. They were great though about sending over the files. It didn't happen right away but they contacted me a few days later with the files.

11. jcf

jcf Registered Member

Hi,

I have been trying to figure this thing out.
    Can you PLEASEEE send me the files.

jfaltado008@gmaildotcom

THANKSSSSSSSSSSS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.