Snap Deploy Build 1155 Image Creator Hangs

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jeremyotten, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

The Snap deploy Image Creator seems to Image very fast to my Buffalo Linkstation. But it hangs everytime at random moments. When I Image to a server and not to the linkstation he gets a bit further But also stops responding.

I think something is wrong with the snap deploy image creator because with the normal True Image It may take a bit longer but the Image gets created!

Please Assist. Because this product is just to buggy to be released!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeremyotten,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please describe what steps you perform to create the image with Acronis Master Image creator. Also please inform us with your Acronis Snap Deploy configuration: where the parts of the program are installed, whether you boot the computer which you want to image with Acronis PXE Server, Acronis Bootable Media, or Acronis Snap Deploy Management Agent.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. jeremyotten

I installed all of the Acronis Deploy tools on 1 2003 Domain Controller.

I boot the HP DC530 pc from the PXE Service. I then choose to create the image. Image creation starts and fast. But Hangs at random moments and cannot finish.

Because of this I created an image of the system with build 1158 of the Enterprise version. This goed succesfull.

I then Boot the PC with the PXE boot and choose the Snap Deploy Agent. It finds the Deploy Server and I Assign the earlier made Image. I do a deploy. After about 10 seconds it is ready and shuts itself down. After this is system is crippled and cannot boot. In de Deploy Management I see the message that deploying is failed.

Why ow Why is this. I Also read other thread with people having the same problems.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeremyotten,

Could you please do the following:
    1. Boot the computer from PXE into Master Image Creation;
    2. Start image creation;
    3. While the image creation didn't hang press Ctrl+Alt+F2 - this will bring you to the console;
    4. Insert the floppy disk to the floppy drive and issue the commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

Send the sysinfo.txt file from the diskette to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Please note that you need to input all the commands while the image creation didn't hang.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. jeremyotten

What to do when my system doesn't have a floppy drive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.