Snap Deploy Agent. How can I configurate it?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Darkus, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkus

Darkus Registered Member

Hi all!
    I deploy my OS on target PCs.
    1. Create bootable flesh (with Acronis Snap Deploy Agent).
    2. Connect the flesh to USB and power on PC.
    3. Wait while Agent booting...
    4. When Agent offers to configurate it, i:
    4.1. do nothing...
    and have error "can't find server"
    4.2. open configuration dialog where I can adjust server ip and some client settings (ip, dns , etc) and after that server will be found of course

My question is - "How can I set settings (4.2.) without opening configuration dialog? Is there way to set all settings before in some .config file when bootable media creating?(or do it manually)"
    Thank beforehand.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Darkus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that the only case when Acronis Snap Deploy Agent will not automatically find the server is when the client and server computers are in different subnets. In this case manually entering settings is the only way to let Agent connect to server.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Shadowfox

Shadowfox Registered Member

I didn't consider it much of a big deal, but what suggestions are there when it doesn't find the server and everything IS on the same subnet?

Sample computer I'm testing right now, it never automaticly finds the server, butit can find it if I enter the name or ip manually.

Server
    10.0.0.36 - IP
    255.255.254.0 - Subnet Mask
    10.0.0.1 - Gateway

Client
    10.0.0.128 - IP
    255.255.254.0 - Subnet Mask
    10.0.0.1 - Gateway

Are there any particular settings I should consider to resolve this? Its not subnet, DNS or DHCP problem on my end, the agent just doesn't look in the right location without assistance =/

4. MNHughes

MNHughes Registered Member

Another example of bad acronis support, gathering from other posts i've found there has been a "delayed response" for the last year or so now

5. stevem7

stevem7 Registered Member

I have the latest Snap Deploy (build 2.152) and also have this problem, and I have both systems on the same subnet. Not a big deal really, just another step to do.

When I go into the NIC config portion of the target PC, it has all the proper DNS/WINS/Gateway information in it, but it won't automatically see my Management Console PC on the same subnet unless I put in my hostname. o_O

My other, much bigger problem, is trying to figure out why when I deploy an image to my PC, it goes to 15% and then reboots the target PC for no apparent reason, but that's another thread.:mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.