Snap Deploy 2 Server - Some questions on PXE and the Agent

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by muzicman82, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muzicman82

muzicman82 Registered Member

Hello all,

I'm trying out Snap Deploy 2 Server. I have a Windows XP Pro machine as the server. I've installed the PXE server and all of the other components as well. And, I've added the Agent to the PXE server.

The network has a DHCP server, but it is not this PXE server.

On a laptop client that supports PXE (a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop), when I choose to boot from PXE, it says it can't find a boot image.

Is there any place I can diagnose what's going on?

Does the PXE server NIC need to support PXE?

Should XP Pro work alright as the PXE server?

If I were to make a closed network, does the Acronis PXE server also have a DHCP server? OR, is there a way to configure PXE for static IPs? Or, can someone suggest a freeware DHCP server for Windows XP Pro?

These clients are Windows XP Home. Will the Agent run on Home edition? I understand that the Agent will run in PXE mode or from a boot disk.

Lastly, when I try to remotely connect to an XP Home Agent from the server, it asks for the Logon information. I enter it and it returns an error about unknown user or bad password. Any ideas? I'm sure they are correct.

Any info would be great!

2. SOE

SOE Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.