Snap Deploy 2.0 with Dell PowerEdge 19/2950's

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by CanadaIT, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CanadaIT

CanadaIT Registered Member

Hello all,

Testing the eval version of Snap Deploy 2.0. When I choose to boot using PXE on some PowerEdge 2950 or 1950's. I can communicate with the acronis PXE server, the acronis snap deploy agent starts but then hangs indefinently at the processing, please wait screen. If I click the configure option before this screen my network card does not show any properties like it does on client PC's running an Intel 82xxx series NIC for instance.

These drivers are broadcom netxteme 2's. Is there a way to add support for these drivers?

What are my options?

Thanks

2. amoore

amoore Registered Member

CanadaIT,

I have just successfully deploy images to 3 of my Dell PowerEdge 2950's. They too have the NetXtreme II's. I don't seem to be expericing the hanging issue as you are. What are all your hardware firmware's at? Are they up-to-date. I would be glad to answer any questions you have.

On another note, I am currently booting off a the Acronis PXE server. Both the PXE and Deployment server have to be on the same subnet. Even if I have the PXE server on the same subnet and the deployment server on another subnet, it still doesn't work. Everything has to reside on the same subnet.

Message me back if you have any questions of me.

3. fatmosh

fatmosh Registered Member

FYI, we have successfully deployed to a 1950 without problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.