smitfraud/popuper.exe help

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by satgar, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satgar

satgar Registered Member

Hey fellas I am new to this forum but I have heard good things about it. I am having some problems with smitfraud virus/malware. I have been going through alot of steps to get rid of it, but am having trouble deleting popuper.exe. These are some scans I have ran to get rid of alot of junk on there but nothing has been able to get rid of popuper.exe. I ran these scans in safe mode.

Trends Micros's Online Virus Scan- Congrats Housecall did not find any Virus
    Symantec Security Check-Windows Vulnerability found 3 items @ risk
    Advert Stinger- nothing found

CCleaner- cleaned
    ad aware se-1 critical object
    spybot-No Immediate Threats
    CW Shredder-
    Kill2me
    Hsremove

After I ran these scans & cleaning steps, I went into normal boot mode. I immediatly got a windows popup messege. So I went into the Windows task manager and noticed popuper.exe was still there. So I then ran HiJackThis and saved my logfile. I then uploaded my logfile to the HJT logfile checker, and it cameup with 16 things that were either uneccesary or nasty. I had HJT fix these things or delete but it was not able to delete popuper.exe. I am still getting popups, and now when I first boot up my windows messenger tries to log on, it never used to even come up in my browser, because I don't use it. Also every time I boot up the windows update in the tool bar says I have new updates to download. Ok guys this is what I have done let me know if there is something I did wrong or somethig else I can do to fix these problems. Thanks for all you guys taking time to help with my problem.

satingar o_O :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.