smitfraud/popuper.exe help

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by satgar, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satgar

satgar Registered Member

Hey fellas I am new to this forum but I have heard good things about it. I am having some problems with smitfraud virus/malware. I have been going through alot of steps to get rid of it, but am having trouble deleting popuper.exe. These are some scans I have ran to get rid of alot of junk on there but nothing has been able to get rid of popuper.exe. I ran these scans in safe mode.

Trends Micros's Online Virus Scan- Congrats Housecall did not find any Virus
    Symantec Security Check-Windows Vulnerability found 3 items @ risk
    Advert Stinger- nothing found

CCleaner- cleaned
    ad aware se-1 critical object
    spybot-No Immediate Threats
    CW Shredder-
    Kill2me
    Hsremove

After I ran these scans & cleaning steps, I went into normal boot mode. I immediatly got a windows popup messege. So I went into the Windows task manager and noticed popuper.exe was still there. So I then ran HiJackThis and saved my logfile. I then uploaded my logfile to the HJT logfile checker, and it cameup with 16 things that were either uneccesary or nasty. I had HJT fix these things or delete but it was not able to delete popuper.exe. I am still getting popups, and now when I first boot up my windows messenger tries to log on, it never used to even come up in my browser, because I don't use it. Also every time I boot up the windows update in the tool bar says I have new updates to download. Ok guys this is what I have done let me know if there is something I did wrong or somethig else I can do to fix these problems. Thanks for all you guys taking time to help with my problem.

satingar o_O :'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.