SmartTools Virus Scanner for Outlook

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by xxJackxx, Dec 10, 2018.

1. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I found this today and wondered if anyone had used it or if anyone knew of an English language alternative. This appears to be German only. It seems to work as expected, I just don't know how practical it is to install it for users that don't speak German.

The basic functionality is that you can right click an email attachment in Outlook and it will upload it to Virustotal and scan the file.

Any thoughts?
    Link intentionally disabled as it is not in my native language or likely yours if you are reading this.
    hxxp://www.add-in-world.com/katalog/ol-attscanner/

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2018
  2. Floyd 57

Floyd 57 Registered Member

I don't use outlook so I wouldn't know how it works, but can't you just download the attachment without opening it and drag and drop it to virustotal? Obviously that takes a click or two more, but it's not like your job is to scan attachments right? You probably get one here and there, idk

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Too dangerous. When the users download the attachment they would probably execute it and then this is all pointless.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.