SmartSecurity v4 + Windows 7

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jidz, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jidz

jidz Registered Member

and some wierd stuff is going on...

I did a clean install of windows 7 proffesional and installed ESET on my system, i tryed out the 64bit but had alot of driver problems so i formated agian and changed to 32bit, i had SmartSecurity to run perfect on the 64bit.

anyway i changed to 32bit and is runing with PC Tools Spyware doctor, and installed smartsecurity, and now i get a HUGE performance dumb. my computer becomes so slow that a amiga would be faster, and after about 4hours of waiting to get to uninstall program and i uninstall smartsecurity it becomes lightning fast as usual.

now, am i the only one with this problem? o_O :blink:

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Might note a massive amount of post about windows 7 and problems as of late. So no your no the only one.

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I am not familiar with PC Tools Spyware Doctor, but there may be a conflict between it and ESET Smart Security.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

PC Tools Spyware Doctor has antivirus, so does ESS, hence your conflict of things moving along very slowly.

5. jidz

jidz Registered Member

PC Spyware tool is simulare to ad-aware, i personaly find PC Spyware better.
    yes its true its possible to buy a PC Spyware doctor with antivirus, i choose the one without, and i have been running both off them together, i even tried a fresh install of windows 7 32bit now and just installed the drivers and ESET, and that makes my computer really slow.

and for a laptop with 4gb ram, an 120gb SSD, and a intel duo 2 3ghz processer, its should be like that.

the most post i read was about people upgrading their windows 7 install. i didnt choose that, i made a fresh install of it and then installed ESET.

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I believe Microsoft Windows 7 initially performs an indexing of files on local hard drives when installed. If so, this could explain why you noticed a slowdown. If that is the case, system performance should normalize after this disk-intensive operation has finished.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Your joking right ? My slowest computer 1.2GHz Duron with 1gig of ram noticed NO slow down after a fresh install of Windows 7. Indexer hits you no harder then it would in Windows XP. You guys seriously need to quit blaming the OS or other programs when problems arise. :cautious: He is not the only one that has suffered from this, I have got a few phone calls from clients that are having serious CPU Usage with ESET 30-40% range consistently. This is on fresh installs of Win7 for now I have switched those to other products until ESET gets it together a little more with Windows 7.

Jidz. If your curious whats eating CPU cycles if anything do Ctrl+alt+del click start task manger then go to view on the top select "Select Columns" and click CPU then apply it will give you what the time is used for the CPU for every process. it might help.

Edit.
    Post edited to add more text and fixed typo's.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
  8. jidz

jidz Registered Member

i will try to post a video explaning how bad it is, maybe eset will understand what its all about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.