Smart Security seems to be creating memory leak for other processes

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mikiki, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikiki

mikiki Registered Member

I'm reporting this so it is known. I confirmed it after uninstalling Smart Security and installing Comodo Internet Security. My system is Windows 8 Pro 64 bit WMC.

What happens is this: I have practically non stop open Chrome browser with 50+ sometimes 70+ tabs open. After couple of hours Chrome starts to eat more and more memory simply sitting there. I watch my commit memory rising and rising from 5-6 GB to sometimes 10-11 GB after day or two. Then I restart Chrome, all same tabs reload and I'm back at 6 GB commit.

I blamed Chrome for this for very long time until this stopped happening after uninstalling Eset SS.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey

I don't know if you still have eset running? or if you still want to do the effort? I mean, if you think that something is wrong, and you want it clarified further, then I was thinking that you could reproduce the event that you have described above, and create a processmonitor log, capturing the high cpu consumption. Then send the log to eset whit a SysInspector log. ( to give an overall picture of the system).

Just a proposal mikiki, regards Janus :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.