Smart Security seems to be creating memory leak for other processes

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mikiki, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikiki

mikiki Registered Member

I'm reporting this so it is known. I confirmed it after uninstalling Smart Security and installing Comodo Internet Security. My system is Windows 8 Pro 64 bit WMC.

What happens is this: I have practically non stop open Chrome browser with 50+ sometimes 70+ tabs open. After couple of hours Chrome starts to eat more and more memory simply sitting there. I watch my commit memory rising and rising from 5-6 GB to sometimes 10-11 GB after day or two. Then I restart Chrome, all same tabs reload and I'm back at 6 GB commit.

I blamed Chrome for this for very long time until this stopped happening after uninstalling Eset SS.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hey

I don't know if you still have eset running? or if you still want to do the effort? I mean, if you think that something is wrong, and you want it clarified further, then I was thinking that you could reproduce the event that you have described above, and create a processmonitor log, capturing the high cpu consumption. Then send the log to eset whit a SysInspector log. ( to give an overall picture of the system).

Just a proposal mikiki, regards Janus :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.