Smart Security & Roxio 10

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by jchanmc, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jchanmc

jchanmc Registered Member

I have Smart Security 3.0.669.0 installed in system and tried to installed Roxio 10. My system crashed 3 times during installation of Roxio and I hv to re-install windows 3 times. Can anyone tell me there is a conflict between the two?

Thank you,

2. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

No idea, you could try uninstalling NOD and installing Roxio 10, then Re-installing NOD, that may help :D

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I think the easier solution would be to disable NOD via the eye whilst he installs it... but that doesn't really root out the real problem.

4. jchanmc

Thank you all, I also think uninstall NOD 1st then install Roxio 10 and re-install NOD will work but who can I post to confirm this?
    As 3D firestarter post this does not really solve the problem.
    Once again, thank you for your comments. Please post more input if avail.

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

All I can guess is that roxio installs a bunch of files, now one of these files is making ESET go nuts when it's being scanned. Unfortunately something like this can be really hard to debug.

What I would do is "Disable antivirus and antispyware protection", install Roxio, then scan the Roxio folder, and see if your system crashes. If it does, it should show what file it's scanning whilst the crash is happening.

6. jchanmc

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.