smart security kills my pc

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by bpsback, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpsback

bpsback Registered Member

without eset ..pc runs no problems ..windows mail , web browsing and utorrent doownloads at 120k-170k ...all at same time

install eset ...utorrent grinds from 140k to 15k or 0
    plus if u torrent is running i cant browse or read email

when i close utorrent i still cant browse , only cure is to restart pc

if running utorrent and i uninstall eset ...then you see the download rate start to go back up

please help .......
    p.s. would i be better off with just the nod32 antivirus installed and run windows firewall

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

3. bpsback

bpsback Registered Member

the other post was solely for utorrent
    i have since installed the version 4 beta ..and still have same problem ..only now it also slows down nero.....tried to encode+burn a few tv shows to dvd ...after 6.5mins and still preparing for encoding ..
    i uninstalled smart security .....restarted nero , everything back to normal ....nero preparing for encoding back to less than 1 minute

im using vista premium
    ocz 4gig memory
    intel Q6600 ...i should not see slowdowns ..yet nod reduces my pc to 15yr old pc really slow ...with almost dial up speeds

i am also a beginner when working with firewall settings ...( have left that windows in past )

4. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

You only really mentioned uT. Did you follow the guide about web browsers?

5. Novicex

Novicex Registered Member

What did you want, .utorrent is dangerous(official opinion) in some of a ways, so firewall blocking many connections and about mail,"plus if u torrent is running i cant browse or read email " - of course, because utorrent have too many connection, so its not leaving them for your browser. You must read about, how the torrent works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.