Smart Security install fix

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Tagget, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tagget

Tagget Registered Member

Hi all,
    Having installed "Smart Security" and updated to version 6 did a deep scan and found 36 infections and deleted what I could.

When restarted the computer the screen came up blank on the Smart Security.

So, I tried to uninstall using the ESET uninstaller tool and it did uninstall.

I tried to install and it came up with...

"Service 'ESET' Service (ekrn) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

I was then directed to a website to fix it http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2861&viewlocale=en_US.

Following it's suggestions I did have a "Base Filtering Engine".

I then clicked the link..http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN406 to generate a log.

I followed the directions, but did not understand...

"Run the installation with the special parameter and create the ESET install.log file

Click Start Run. The Run window will be displayed (Microsoft Vista users: Click Start and then type Run in the Start Search box and press ENTER).

Click the Browse button and navigate to the folder containing the .msi install file (e.g., eav_nt32_ENU.msi). Select All Files from the Files of type drop-down menu. Double-click the .msi install file.

The install path will be inserted into the Run window. Type (space) /lvx* install.log at the end of the install path, and click OK (See Figure 1-2 below)."

Please help! I'm thinking about ditching ESET and use another software, but I'm willing to work through it.
    Mind you I'm not computer savvy, so please keep it simple

OR

Does anyone know the issue well enough for me to not to have to send a log for a quick fix.

Thanks for your time.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try running the uninstall tool in safe mode prior to installing v6 from scratch.

3. Tagget

Tagget Registered Member

did that

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please create a SysInspector log, upload it to a safe location and PM me the download link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.