Smart Security cuts conection to sql server off!!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by yairsaumeth, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yairsaumeth

yairsaumeth Registered Member

Good morning, afternoon, evening.
    I have a little big problem with SS 3 and now 4, because i updated. We have an administrative program called Saint and it works with MSSQL. The problem is that when the program is idle for about 5 to 7 mins, the connection is terminated, therefore the user has to shut and restart the program. I know the firewall is doing this beacuse when disabled the connection remains alive at all times. I have set the firewall to interactive, automatic, automatic with rules and no success. I know ESET SS is the best antivirus ever, that's why i want to resolve this issue and still use ESET products.

Is there a way to shutdown this idle-cut-off function? or any other solution.

Thank you for any help provided.

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

which ESS version do you use ? if you use version 3 try to upgrade to version 4 which has new option to keep idle connection so it wont be dropped.

3. yairsaumeth

thank you cupez80 for attending my help call.
    I had this issue with ver 3 and now that i have ver 4.0.314.0, still have the problem. I did upgrade.
    i need to know what configurable parameter controls that function. thank you.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

See if the screenshot helps.

Attached Files:

5. yairsaumeth

ronjor, thank you also for the response.
    i will most certainly try the new apporach, hopefully this will fix it. futurely i will announce you guys about the outcome of this.
    thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.