smart security and torrents block browsing

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by kokoriko, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kokoriko

kokoriko Registered Member

Hello,

I have just bought a license for smart security since I was very satisfied with the trial version.

I am aware that when I use a torrent client (such as Vuze), it's impossible to browse the web since the speed seems to slow down a great amount. Therefore I need to go to eset/setup/web access protection/HTTP/web browsers and unmark the application I am using for the file transfer so that eset does not scan it every time there's data transfer. However, this is really strange since one of the main reasons to use an antivirus programme is to have it scan all your transfers... How safe is it then? Is there any risk while transfering or ESET will scan the files anyway, after the transfer has been completed and before the are opened? Also ESET advises you that: " to resolve performance or compatibility problems, you can exclude applications from content filtering by putting a cross in the appropriate box"... what's the difference between putting that cross and simply unmarking the application, leaving the box blank?

My question might seem naive but I think it's very crucial for the security of my system. Thank you.

H.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

ESET will scan the files afterward anyway, I don't have it ticked in web browser protection, only web browsers.

3. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Well, the point here is that a P2P client is not a web browser in the first place... :)

4. kokoriko

kokoriko Registered Member

thank you :)

and what about unmarking it or putting a cross in the applications's box? which one works better?

o_O

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Leave it unticked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.