Smart Security 6 license renewal

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Defcon5, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defcon5

Defcon5 Registered Member

I'm running SS6 on 3 computers and my license expires in a few weeks. This week I purchased ESET Family Security Pack CD to use on my 3 computers and mobile devices.
    When my license expires on my pc's can I simply input the new activation code from Family Security Pack or do I need to download Family Security Pack to use the new activation code.
    I posed this question to ESET support and it was clear they didn't carefully read or understand my question.
    Thanks

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

On the day your current license expires, go to http://www.eset.com/activate and fill out the form, including entering the new activation code. When you hit SUBMIT, you'll get a new username and password combination. Copy/Paste this into your currently installed ESS6 product window (double-click the icon and press CTRL+U) and when the next virus signature database is updated, your product will reflect the new expiration date.

For your other 2 computers, you'll only need to enter the new username/password into the product. You will only need to go through the Activation Page process once.

3. Defcon5

Defcon5 Registered Member

Thank you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.