Smart Security 6 does not update after computer boots up

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by metalalbert, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalalbert

metalalbert Registered Member

I am using the latest version of Smart Security 6, 6.0.316.1 and I'm having a rather odd problem here. Normally Smart Security will download updates after I boot up my computer (if they are there), but since a day or two it does not. Manual updating works though.

Can someone tell me how I can fix this?

Steps I did to solve the problem so far were clearing the update cache, and reinstalling Smart Security 6. Now I have to admit there haven't been new updates since I did both, so maybe these two things actually fixed it but what if it doesn't? Does anyone know what I can do if the previous two steps don't solve it?

Also, sometimes the status in the Start screen of Smart Security that says Status of ESET Smart Security: protection active, there are no background jobs using resources disappears for a second or two. Can anyone tell me what that is about?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. metalalbert

metalalbert Registered Member

Ah, it just worked again as it should.

Maybe me rebooting my computer to see if it would download the newest virus updates as soon as I saw them appear on the Update Info page was the cause of it? As in, I was just being too quick with checking?

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hello :)

Yes I had this happening to myself yesterday, and afaik it happens because the connection hasn't yet been established, so no biggie. But when/if it happens simply click on the update button manually, or wait 1hr and the latest VSD will get downloaded on the next scheduled update check. :)

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

make sure you did not inadvertently uncheck the update jobs in the scheduler.

5. encus

encus Registered Member

Maybe your internet connection is not stable at early system boot up that will cause error on updating the virus signature database.

When it disapperars, it usually means there is an application that is using quite much RAM of your CPU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.