Smart Secuirty has antovirus too?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MrGump, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

To All,

Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully helping me out by shedding some lite on my question.

I am a computer noob that just left Kaspersky to come over to ESET. I see that you have two choices between Anti-virus and Smart Security.

1.)If I get Smart Security does that include everything in the Anti-virus plus the firewall? Or do I need to download both versions?

2.) My friend told me that Windows 7 has a very good firewall and that I would only need ESET's Anti-virus and not the firewall. Is this accurate?

Thank you for your time and for helping out a noob.

and the final question. I am using the ESET trial for one month, I really liked Kaspersky but EVERYONE says "real users use NOD32". Is this the case? Is it really better?

2. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

ESET Smart Security is the exact same thing as ESET NOD32 Antivirus expect it has an anti-spam module and a personal firewall in addition to the antivirus/antispyware protection. Therefore, if you purchase ESET Smart Security, you just have to download ESET Smart Security.

You will still be well protected if you use ESET NOD32 Antivirus and Windows Firewall instead of ESET Smart Security.

Your preference of antivirus is up to you. I like NOD32 because of it's nice GUI, fast updates, and because it doesn't slow down my system as much as other heavy antiviruses do such as F-Secure which my ISP provides for free but I still choose to buy NOD32 anyways.

Hope this helped you.

Regards,

Mark.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET NOD32 is basically Antivirus + Antispyware

ESET Smart Security = ESET Personal Firewall + ESET NOD32 + ESET AntiSPAM

You need only Eset Smart Security.

Yes , the firewall in MS Windows is very good . Will you need ESET Smart Security - this depends only on you.

Not real users . Experts use NOD32 . Average users use Norton and McAfee.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.