Smart Backup's Destination

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by jsquareg, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsquareg

jsquareg Registered Member

I have just jumped from TI 2010 to 2012 so I am slowly creeping up the learnig curve.

When I use Smart Backup and get to the Destination screen Smart Backup always offers my C: drive as the destination. I have to bore down through My Computer to get to my external drive (X:) and then to folder I always want
    my archives put.

Is there a way I can make Smart Backup to default to X:\My Backups? Or, is there a better way to do unscheduled Full backups that will default my desired location?

Thank you very much.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I do full unscheduled and I am not aware of the program remembering the last location. It would be convenient if it did and other programs like Acronis do remember.

You probably could write a script that would accommodate this but I don't want to bother with that exercise and just continue to click to the location.

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

In my case, the backup location changes from one backup operation to the next, because I use two different external USB disks alternatively. So, a "remembering" function wouldn´t be useful to me.

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Yes, create the backup as a scheduled backup, and configure it as a 'One Time' operation, it will save to your scheduler and when you want to run it, you can simply right-click on the task and choose to run now.

5. jsquareg

jsquareg Registered Member

Thank you very much. Creating a task but not scheduling it will sure work.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.