Smart Array Controller

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sepp, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sepp

Sepp Guest

Is HP Smart Array 6i Controller supportet ?

2. Sepp

Sepp Guest

Smart Array 6i Controller Support with BootCD .... ??

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sepp,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that we have not heard about the problems of Acronis True Image 8.0 working with HP Smart Array 6i Controller.

However, I would recommend you to download and install the free to trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 to make sure that the software works fine on your particular hardware configuration.

Please create Bootable Rescue CD using the free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0, boot your PC from this CD and see how Acronis True Image 8.0 recognizes your RAID array.

You can find more information on how to use this software in Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide.

If you will be satisfied with the work of the trial version then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. pdattoli

pdattoli Registered Member

I am experiencing problems with this controller as well.
    All I want to do is clone the system disk and place the clone in an identical box and boot up. The new box can't access the disk and gives error that the disk cable may not be connected. o_O Works perfectly in an older Compaq server that doesn't have Smart Array.

5. VPITech

VPITech Guest

Used TI8 on many smart array 6xx series, including 6i, 6402, 641, and 642 with no issues what so ever.

6. Jumping

Jumping Registered Member

I have restored images onto an HP proliant DL360 server and it detect the array no problems.

Never had any problems with the array part. The only thing is the network part where it sometimes struggles getting a DHCP address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.