slowing down performance

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by vranikx, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vranikx

vranikx Registered Member

hello!

when i activate acronis spyware shield and i work with my tv card pinnacle pctv pro and with vision software for my tv card my computer slow down a lot, browsing channels, volume up and down is really slow, i must allways disable spyware shield when i want to look at my tv :oops: what i must do for speed up?

thanx for quick answer and sorry for my english. :p

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello vranikx,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please try to do the following:
    1. Open "Options" of Acronis Spyware Shield;
    2. Press "Next" button till you get to the "Advanced Options";
    3. Uncheck the "Analyze Running Processes".

This should increase the perfromance, however, it increases the risk of spyware activity because you do not monitor it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. vranikx

i was do but with no change, is need restart? (system or aplication?) i must unload spyware shield from memory for speed up-is some chance to speed up performance without unloading from memory? is somewhere in settings option like exclude this software? btw i know what is my problem, when i change program or volume with scroll on my mouse or key up or down in my keyboard this slow my pc when is activated spyware shield...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Hello vranikx,

Did you get an alert when you launched the application with Acronis Spyware Shield enabled? You need to get to Advanced tab (little double screen on the alert window), choose Remeber event option and click Allow. This is the only way you may try to exclude the process from being scanned.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. vranikx

nope, when i launch vision (software for my tv card) i dont get any alert because this is not spyware :) hmm, i must figure out how i can fix it...thanx for yout support.

6. Acronis Support

Hello vranikx,

This seems to be the problem with Acronis Privacy Expert Suite. Could you please send a letter to support@acronis.com with the full name of the Pinnacle software you use (including version and build if possible). Please indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. Also please indicate in the letter that you are using the latest build and the most recent spyware updates (if this is not the case please update Acronis software).

he problem will be investiogated by our Development Team and I am sure we will fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.