Slow web pages loading

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by taksina, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taksina

taksina Registered Member

Apart from images not fully loading, which was fixed in .563, I found v.3 to be very slow at loading pages from some websites, this very web board for one. Now I switched back to 2.7 and the problem is solved. I'm in Bangkok and the internet here is not supper-fast (ADSL 1Mb/215Kb). Not sure whether the fact my ISP uses transparent proxy causes this or not but you guys in this part of the world does not seem to have this problem.

2. hclarkjr

hclarkjr Registered Member

i am having the same problem but it is this websites forums http://forums.anandtech.com/categories.aspx?catid=45&forumid=1 i click the link to load that site it then takes about 15 seconds for the page to load then once there when you select a thread to read it takes about 10-12seconds to load everything on the page. almost like having a 56k modem back. i entered the site to not to be filtered hoping that is what was causing the problem but no luck. what is causing this to happen to it seems like forums only? maybe something to do with the software for the forums? fusetalk?

3. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Loaded in 5 seconds for me with 563. no problems browsing, but many other problems with this release !!!

4. taksina

I could not test your link with 3.0 because I had already switched back to 2.7, which loads this web board instantaneously. I can tell though that 2.7 loads your link just fine.

5. hclarkjr

i tried the first release of the new nod when it come out and had the same trouble, went back to version 2 and the problem went away so i know it was nod causing the problem. i have lowered the time down by entering the website in the not to be filtered section so it looks like that might be the problem for me

6. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

3 seconds flat for me.:D
    I find some sites are slower than other but confess that's always been the case.

7. feniks

feniks Registered Member

3 second for me with v563 and I have same ADSL 1Mb/215Kb like you. I remeber that in 2.7 not all the sites open instantly. The same site may open differently in different time. So it is maybe just impression?

I tested this site with everything disabled in NOD and I did not notice any difference, same test I did with other sites with everything disabled and everything enabled I did not notice any difference. (I am using Opera)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  8. taksina

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I am with NOD32 2.7 , IE7 and ADSL connection . They both open great in max 5 seconds

10. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I'm running version 3.0.563 with Ghostwall as firewall. No problem loading those web pages. Somebody enjoys golf. Good for you !!!

11. edd3800

edd3800 Registered Member

I installedNod32 v3.0 three days ago and all web pages load slower, some slower than others. Firefox and opera had the same problem. Uninstalled v3.0 and installed v2.7 and working fine now. I have Vista home Premium

12. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Load fast i guess coz im on 8Mb /448 :D Seriously... no slow down on XP Pro. Are all the slow-down issues on Vista ?

13. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

14. taksina

How I envy you! Version 3.0 destroys my golf-pro career. I can only assume it doesn't like my ISP. Have to revert back to v2.7 :rolleyes:

Thanks to all of you.

15. hclarkjr

i uninstalled version 3 and went back to version 2, i am wondering if it has something to do with vista? i am running vista 64 bit ultimate, what version are the others here running that are having troubles?

16. taksina

I'm using Vista Home Premium 32-bit, IE7 and Firefox 2 and have the problem. I'll try the same config with version 3 on my other XP partition.

17. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

On 1500/256 connection with NOD32 3.0.563.0 both of those links loading in about 3 to 5 seconds - which is about what I would expect.

18. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

Make sure you have 3.0.563.0 installed.

I'm running Vista Ultimate & Pre-Release SP1 - on both boxes I am not seeing any NOD32 V3 / Vista issues (although I do not use OE).

19. taksina

My problem is inherent to Vista (32-bit Home Premium, no SP1). When I install the latest version 3 on my other XP Pro partition (same ADSL connection). The web pages load fast and fine. Under Vista, it's dead slow. I don't have any firewall apart from Vista default settings.

I don't know what's wrong with my Vista though.

20. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

I'm running same version 3.0.563.0 with IE 7, XP-sp2, ADSL and I'm noticing a slowdown too. Perhaps some tweaking can be done in SetUp/WebAccessProtection/configure? I'd rather tweak than revert to 2.7. Any suggestions?

21. Zarra

Zarra Registered Member

I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit with Nod32 v3 and I can load both web sites in 4 seconds each.

22. hclarkjr

for those with slow downs, what pages exactly are you having troubles with? are they forums like here?

23. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Well looks like we can disgard this 'alert'. Turns out my ServiceProvider is doing some sort of migration/upgrade in the local exchange and ADSL is being relayed for duration - hence slow 'take-up'.

What a relief. :D

24. macrosat

macrosat Registered Member

25. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Only a second or two longer here but with slightly slower service (768 kbps).

- NOD32 v3.0 (563), XP Pro SP2, Windows Firewall -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.