Slow drive info retrieval

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wchull, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wchull

wchull Registered Member

Last night I had a strange event when I went to backup my system. I had updated my system with April patches (thanks Microsoft) :D and after rebooting fired up True Image 9.0. I took the normal steps to do a complete drive image but when it got to the screen where you're supposed to specify the file name, the software seemed to hang only displaying "My Desktop" in the window. It appeared to be clocking but Task Manager said it was not responding. Killed the software tired again...same results several times. Rebooted, and then downloaded the latest copy of True Image 9 and upgraded, then uninstalled and then installed again....same results everytime. I finally let it sit there while I did something else and all of a sudden the drive/directory tree shows up. Got my backup done successfully but this has never happened before. Went in tonight and tried again and now it pops right in...no delays. Any ideas as to why things were weird?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wchull,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you plrease create the bootable rescue media and try to create the image in rescue mode?

If the problem persists only within Windows, please reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I'm up-to-date with all Windows Updates except the .NET 1.1 and 2.2 on my system (I just double checked), and my TI 9.2337 runs normally displaying both internal and network hard drives immediately.

I haven't check my machine with Build 3567 yet.

John

4. lugnut

lugnut Registered Member

it seems that quite a few people are having software problems with the latest
    updates especially with KB908531. got rid of it, no more problems on my end.
    PSPX would hang and never start...

5. wchull

wchull Registered Member

Not 100% sure but I think the problem may have had something to do with the external Seagate HD I'm using for backup. It may have had some integrity problems and that was slowing down the OS from reading the drive and this was what was slowing down True Image. Ran a checkdsk on the drive and then did a complete reformat of the drive and after the reformat I did a complete True Image backup and have not had any other problems since.

6. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

You should definately try lugnut's suggestion and uninstall the critical update from Microsoft: "KB908531". This update has been causing a 'ton' of problems with users since it's release last Tuesday. I had to uninstall it from one computer that kept hanging and freezing. Many people on the M$ usenet newsgroups are complaining of all sorts of different problems. I would uninstall that update by using the Add/Remove Programs and see if your issues vanish. You can always install it later.

...Allen

7. x=y+z

x=y+z Registered Member

8. wchull

wchull Registered Member

I almost forgot to update this thread.....

I checked out the info previously written and there was a KB article that indicated that If you had HP Scanners and other HP software that you would get slow informational retrieval and offered a solution that involved a simple registry hack. Well, everything seems to be normal again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.