Slow Download of Updates

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by radicalb21, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radicalb21

radicalb21 Registered Member

I just tried to update and it took five to download the update. I am on a cable modem. My most recent update was until today 1.444 it started downloading a 1201 KB size file and something called engine0.nup. What going on with the server? I know when I haven't updated in a while the file is larger but i couldn't understand why such a large file when the version I had was 1.444 and now it is 1.445. Any and all help would be appreciated.

2. radicalb21

Also I forgot to mention it also prompted me to restart my system. this has never happened when just getting virus signatures before. Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

3. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I just experience the same problem when updating. It stops dwnloading at 1201 KB and something called engine0.nup?

4. radicalb21

Could we get some input from ESET MODERATOR on the subject? It seems other people are having the same problem. Thanks again.

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Gents,

Please take different time zones into account. In general: this is an engine update; not a database update. Engine updates in general require a reboot.

regards,

paul

6. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi,

yeah, Paul is right in this:

>Please take different time zones into account. In general: this is an engine update; not a database update.

The download should be OK normally - there are many events that can happen on the way to the update server - I hope it's OK now.

Thx., :)

jan

7. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Thank you Paul and jan, yes it is working fine to-day. :) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.