Slow check image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lricc335, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lricc335

lricc335 Registered Member

Don't understand why there is a significant difference between the time it takes to create an image (16 min.) and verifying it (over 25 min.) referred to a 4GB compressed one. Shouldn't it be that creating an image would take longer than verifying? Need help please.

WinXP Pro SP2
    InCD w/DVD+RW

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello lricc335.

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please let me know what version (build) of Acronis True Image you use. Also pelase clarify me the following:

Where did you check the image file (under Windows or in resckue mode)? Where is the image file stored? What image (incremental or full) did you create?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. lricc335

Hello Irina,

first of all version is 8.0 build 937.
    - both created and checked the image (WinXP Pro SP2 partition) under windows
    - image stored on a DVD+RW w/Nero InCD
    - full image

Thanks
    Luigi

4. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Hello!

Also the latest TI 9.0 2302 has extremely utterly slow image checking (DVD-RW). 3 disks took over 2 hours! Nothing new though...:p

EDIT: Sorry, i lied. It took over 3 hours, normal compression. TI 9.0 is driving me crazy. Please help.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  5. lricc335

Hello Irina,
    do you have any news for me? Thanks

6. Acronis Support

Hello lricc335 and Technic,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software and for all the provided information.

I have forwarded this issue to our Development Team and will inform you about the results of their investigation as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. Acronis Support

Hello lricc335 and Technic,

I have received a response from our Development Team. They consider 25 minutes as a quite normal time for the 4 GB image verification process to take.

The point is that DVD burning speed is actually higher then DVD reading speed. This fact causes such a difference between image creation and image verification times.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

8. lricc335

Hello Alexey,

that's quite strange since everybody knows that DVD reading is faster than DVD burning. Couldn't it more probably be a bug in the decompressing or verifyng process?

9. Adonlude

Adonlude Registered Member

I imaged my entire drive and it took 40-50min to make the image which turned out to be 43GB. Verifying my image took another 40min. This was over USB2.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.