Slow backup i with latest build

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bill bucci, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bill bucci

bill bucci Registered Member

I tried backing up my c drive (about 16 GB) using the latest version 9 rescue disk (build 3567). This took over two hours. Previous builds took a half hour. Is this a problem experienced by others? Can you suggest a workaround? For the present I'll be using a rescue disk prepared with a previous build.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Yes, that has been the experience of others ... no one seems to know the reason though. Yet others don't seem to notice any difference. Must be some peculiarity with the hardware.

3. vareniky

vareniky Registered Member

Yes I normally takes 10 minutes to backup a 3.991 GB partition and now takes 12 minutes.
    Suffice to say that Ghost takes 4 minutes to do the same.

4. Hiawatha

Hiawatha Registered Member

Are you fellows all talking times for hard drive to separate hard drive?

As an ATI newcomer (still on demo version waiting for my full version arrive), I find it takes around 12 minutes to do a full back up from my C drive to D (physically separate internal hard drive; C and D are connected as master and slave).

Windows shows I have about 19G used on C.

It does not seem to make much difference if I do "entire disk" backup or "Files and Folders" with everything on C selected. Except for the verify time.

Verifying the "Files and Folders took longer than the back up time. Verifying the "Entire disk" back up was quicker than the back up time.

Edit added: I am using build 3567

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Have you tried backing up using TI from within Windows?
    As the usual installed drivers can be used you should find an improvement in your backup times.
    It is only necessary to use the recovery CD when restoring.

Xpilot.

6. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

An extra backup measure? It is certainly a total peace of mind.

7. b00ze

b00ze Registered Member

Hi!

I noticed the same (while _restoring_ a backup). With build 2337 it usually takes 4-5 minutes to restore. With the new build (3567) TI told me that it would take more than 30 minutes... I also noticed hangers and stuttering when moving the mouse. Looks like the new build only uses the "PIO-mode" instead of DMA. I have an INTEL 850E Mainboard (DELL 8200).

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

If the image creation\restoration process takes obviously more time when you use Bootable Rescue CD created with the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home rather than it usually takes when you use Bootable Rescue CD created with some previous build(s) then, first of all, please try try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt file) as it is described in Acronis Help Post for both Bootable Rescue CD created using build 3567 and Bootable Rescue CD created using some older build. Then please rename the files collected to sysinfo_3567.txt and sysinfo_xxxx.txt accordingly.

Please note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Where do you save images to?

- What is the exact size of the image archive you created\restored?

- How much time did it take exactly to create\restore this particular image?

- Create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If images are placed on some kind of an external hard drive then please keep this drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

As for the issue with mouse behaving incorrectly when the computer is booted from build 3567 Bootable Rescue CD, first of all, please try booting with "usbmouse=off" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post (use "usbmouse=off" instead of "acpi=off noapic").

If that does not help then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt file) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know the exact vendor, model and connection type of your mouse;

- Describe the behavior of your mouse in detail;

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.