SlimCleaner Beta 4.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DBone, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBone

DBone Registered Member

2. mattbiernat

mattbiernat Registered Member

I tried it alongside Ccleaner and it seemed to clean more space. I will keep it to clean up my disk.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Will give it a try. :)

4. mattbiernat

what I don't like about it is all the colors. looks like it's a 2007 windows Vista wannabe app. i also would like to see a portable version. without it being portable, I might not keep it.

5. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Funny how we all like different things......I like the UI:thumb: The onboard defrag is new to version 4.0, as is the software update checker in the Software tab. I have been using is since version 2.0 and have ditched CCleaner because of it. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and made in USA are 2 big pluses for me.

As for the portable version, go to settings and there is an "install portable version" button there.....I have never used it, but it might be what you're looking for.

6. mattbiernat

awsome. thanks for finding that options for me. now definitely im gonna keep this.

7. mattbiernat

okay another update. SlimCleaner found extra ~850mb on my system that ccleaner and total file cleaner were missing. great app.

8. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Nice! I've been using it every other day or so for about 2yrs without a single issue. It's really well designed, and offers some nice tools that CCleaner doesn't.

9. mattbiernat

Yeah it seems to me that over many years that CCleaner has been around, it has really not improved much in the area of crap removal. Yeah, they added some features, removed some bugs, etc... but it still doesn't remove everything. It's nice to see that someone else picked up the slack.

10. has it improved since a few years ago?

11. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up DBone.

Anyone noticed that their defrag module looks a lot like Auslogics Disk Defrag? :D

12. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Why did you ditch ccleaner..?.more benefit by keeping it i would have thought.
    Be wary of the driver update program from this company as it hosed my system and i make a point of not updating drivers now unless its truly neccessary.
    Regards.

13. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I like this program better than CCleaner. It just does more. I still have CCleaner installed, and I will run it every once in a while, but after this version, I will probably be uninstalling CCleaner.

As for SlimDrivers, I used it it my test machine without issue, but I prefer to do drivers manually on my main machines. I have read a few reviews similar to yours, and have read many positives too.

14. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

Yes, it does.

I like this app. Not sure if I trust it enough to ditch CCleaner though.

15. mattbiernat

Because SlimCleaner cleans more.

16. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

That doesn't mean it cleans better.
    CCleaner is Mr. Reliable.
    Slimcleaner is the new kid on the block.

17. culla

culla Registered Member

cleans more?
    after trying it my hard drive had 1% less free space
    tried the portable [its not truly portable]
    i'll stick with ccleaner portable :D

18. The Red Moon

Just because it finds more stuff does not mean it is safe to remove.
    The same with the various registry cleaners out there,ok they may find more entries but incorrect deletion will nuke your computer.
    Ive used ccleaner for years and never had a problem with it because it cleans safely.
    finding more is not always a safe practice.
    Regards.

19. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Tried it the other day but was not impressed. Don't care for the gui at all. It was also way slower than Ccleaner which I will be sticking with.

20. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

How can someone announce a new software version without saying what's new I will never understand?! I don't bother installing an application which doesn't have a release log (ok, maybe I would if no alternative in sight).

21. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Hi:
    It does indeed clean more but be-careful of what you clean. i have found out that using slimcleaner cleaning does more then cleaning and it cleans some shortcuts and some files and YOU HAVE TO RE-DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THEM AGAIN. I think an example is hitman pro that was deleted by slimcleaner and I had to reinstall it. If they only added safe cleaning option or safe for cleaning like ccleaner.

Anyway I am hesitant to use it and since these issues have given up on slimcleaner.

22. mattbiernat

Interesting, I've been using it for 2 weeks with no issues. I also have HMP and it wasnt deleted. Did you enable cleaning registry?

My problem with CCleaner is that it fails to delete temp files. Perhaps if SlimCleaner starts giving me problems then I will go back to CCleaner and add temp locations manually.

You guys are right that this is a new bad boy on the market but hey, even CCleaner was new at some point. That's why Im giving it a try, although I really hate the UI.

23. DBone

DBone Registered Member

HMP installed here too, and have never had an issue. o_O

24. The Red Moon

i believe ccleaner does clean temp files.

Attached Files:

25. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

hi:

Yes I used all including the registry check on slimcleaner. I suggest you test your applications and shortcuts. Look in the start program menu and see if any programs are missing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.