Slightly OT: listings of programs in All Programs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sarutaro, May 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

I recently restored one of previous tibs. The comuter runs super now .
    Somehow, I found that lots of programs (e.g., Office Suite, Adobe CS2 series) were missing in the list under Start > All Programs. But those programs were seen in Add or Remove Programs. But I have no problem running those or other missing programs. I have no clues to how this happened. I don't blame ATI v. 9.0. Something happened to my computer. Could someone give me suggestion how to bring back the missing list of programs into All Program panels? TIA. Sarutaro

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

They are listed in the folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

at least for the programs that were installed for all users. If you installed programs only for certain users then they would be in a different folder under Documents and Settings.

If nobody has a better way you have to copy shortcuts into the above folder which point to the programs (you want listed) in the Program Files menu.

I think I would be more concerned as to why this didn't restore properly than you are unless you know something particular about the state of your computer.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Was your original backup of the entire disk or system partition?

When you performed the restore, was it the entire "C" partition--or was it just "specified files and & folders"?

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

As long as you can run the programs, I assume you either have an icon on the Desktop or know which executable is the one to start the program. If it's the executable, right click and drag it to the Desktop and select "Create shortcut here" after you release the right button.

Now, with icons on the Desktop, drag them one at a time to the Start button and when the menu opens drag them to All Programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.