Slight RAID restoration problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MageJubi, Jul 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MageJubi

MageJubi Guest

I have 2 WD Raptors in a RAID 0. During the first part of the restoration process, TI8 (889) sees it as a RAID drive with 68g of space. It analyzes it as 68g. The "select a partition or a whole hard disk drive to restore" window shows it as 68g (and lists it as Intel Raid Volume 1). However, when I click "next" to the "destination hard drive" window, it shows two single 34g drives instead of the RAID?? What minor detail am I overlooking? Thanks...........

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MageJubi,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please describe what you mean by "first part of the restoration process"? Also please let us know what RAID controller you use. Probably there is a problem with Acronis Bootable CD but we need to know your RAID controller to find out the exact reason for the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. MageJubi

MageJubi Guest

Sorry about the insufficient info. The RAID set being restored is all formatted. The mobo is an Asus P5WD2, with the Intel raid controller (ICH7) in use. I was using Ti .800, and that version cd gave me the "can't find hard drive" error message. Updating to .889 solved that. The cd boots up just fine into the main window. I click "Restore Image", "Start Now", where I'm then greeted with the "Welcome to the Restore Image Wizard" window. Clicking next analyzes the drives, which then brings up the "Image Archive Selection" window. Then I choose the backup file to be restored, click next to the "Veryify Archive" window, then on to the "Partition or Disk to Restore" window. It shows "Disk 1", and below that, NTFS(C)--checking just one box or both has the same end result. I click the disk I want to restore--which at this time, is still showing as the full 68g RAID disk--then click "next"...C is analyzed, which brings me to the "Restored Hard Disk Drive Location" window, where I'm asked to choose a hard drive to restore--this is where the 68g RAID ends, and two single 34g drives appear. (The image can be restored to one drive or the other, but it's not bootable.)

4. Acronis Support

Hello MageJubi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that ICH7 controller is currently not supported by Acronis Bootable CD because the chipset is rather new and we haven't included the appropriate driver yet. However, the problems with Intel chipsets are usually easily solved and we expect to implement the support of ICH7 in the nearest future.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. MageJubi

MageJubi Guest

OK, thanks for the info.

6. alance

alance Registered Member

Hi,

Has current version (937) supported ICH7R?
    Thanks.

-Alan

7. Acronis Support

Hello alance,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The latest build doesn't support your controller, but if you send the letter with your serial number of Acronis software to support@acronis.com along with the description of your problem, we will provide you with the ISO file to burn Acronis Bootable CD for your controller. Please note that this controller will be supported in the next build of Acronis True Image 8.0.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.