Sleep Problem with ExtFS 2.1.440 for Windows

Discussion in 'Paragon File System Drivers' started by Ajdaha, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Ajdaha

Ajdaha Registered Member

I recently updated my ExtFS 2.0.395 to 2.1.440 version, and it's new service "ParagonMounter" make a sleep problem in windows. (My OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10240)

C:\windows\system32>powercfg /requests
    DISPLAY:
    None.

SYSTEM:
    [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software\Paragon ExtFS for Windows\extservice.exe (ParagonMounter)

AWAYMODE:
    [SERVICE] \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software\Paragon ExtFS for Windows\extservice.exe (ParagonMounter)

EXECUTION:
    None.

PERFBOOST:
    None.

Pls fix this issue, tnx ;)

2. Samoreen

Samoreen Registered Member

Hi,

After spending a lot of time trying to understand why my computer would suddenly refuse to go to sleep mode, I also just determined that the culprit is the Paragon Mounter service. Note that the problem is not permanent. Sometimes (rarely) the computer would go to sleep automatically. But most of the time, it refuses to do so when the Paragon Mounter service is running.

I temporarily fixed the problem by setting the service to Manual instead of Automatic but this should be fixed.

Thanks in advance.

3. Samoreen

Samoreen Registered Member

I could fix the problem by entering the following command at the command prompt (Windows 7) :

c:\>powercfg -REQUESTSOVERRIDE SERVICE ParagonMounter SYSTEM AWAYMODE

Now my system can go to sleep even when the Paragon Mounter service is running.

Good luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.