Sleep Mode/Errors ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pedrinsky, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedrinsky

pedrinsky Registered Member

Yes I seached but got no answer.

I am a new user (Ver. 10.0) who has just done a first full backup successfully and a first scheduled differential backup - unsuccessfully (it seems) to a 250GB external USB 2.0 hard drive. The backup was scheduled when my computer (XP Home) was in sleep mode (manually activated). The log said the backup was completed but with errors and one warning. It appears the computer was taken out of sleep mode ?? but when I went to the computer it was still in sleep mode - no auto sleep mode set. I cannot find a list of error code meanings. Could the errors possibly be due to sleep mode? If not how do I determine if the backup was successful and what the errors mean? Does TrueImage work in the background during sleep mode?

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you want it to run when a ocmputer has gone into stanby, then you need to wake the computer. If you want to eschedule a task, then you need to create the task in ATI, set it to run manually, then in Windows task scheduler, create a task to run Trueimageservice.exe, acalling the task file, which should be located ture image subdirectory under the docs and settings, all users, apllication data directory.

You can search for fuller explanations on this forum. The ATI scheduler won't wake a computer from standby but the Windows task scheduler will.

3. pedrinsky

I found the file trueimageservice.exe in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronic\Trueimage - would that be the one to use?

There is also a TRUEIMAGESERVICE.EXE-35c099A5.pf in C:\Windows\Prefetch
    What is that for?

4. pedrinsky

Well the trueimageservice.exe in common files seems to work. I've done two differential backups now with windows task manager and both have been successful. One thing the computer does not come out of standby when this is run as I thought it would. This must work in the background?? I'll keep plodding through, thanks for the feedback.

5. pedrinsky

Wrong, it doesn't work. I did a manual differential backup and compared the operations log. The windows scheduler only started and stopped the operation, did nothing else. TI Log file only showed "started operation" , "stopped operation". I then used scheduler to wake the computer out of standby and simply open TI.exe five minutes before my daily backup schedule in TI. The log file shows all the operations that existed in my manual differantial backup. All seems to be working ok now.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The Win task must call the trueimageservice.exe file that is in the common files diredftory and have the script file name as a parameter. The script file is made when you create a task and is stored in C:\documents and settings\allusers\application data\acronis\truimage\scripts.

the command inthe windows task will look like this example:
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageService.exe" /script:"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts\ADB9B1AB-AC52-4B92-ABD2-58DFCBFEC670.tib.tis"

If you ahve more than one ATI task, you can tell which script file goes with which task in Acronis by editing a task and then checking the time stamps on the script files.

You have to set the windows task to wake the computer from standby by checking the appropirate box in the task set up screen -- double click the task to open the task set up screen, select the Settings tab and check the box Wake the Computer to Run This Task. If your PC has a password, you will need to provide that so that the task can run.

If the script/task runs otherwise, it will run this way using the Windows task manager.

sh

7. pedrinsky

I thank you for your detailed response. Why this is not in the FAQ's or the documentation I don't know. I did exactly as you detailed and it worked, no glitches. But it worked the same as my little non-tech way as well, putting TI.exe in scheduled tasks 5 minutes before the TI schedule to wake the computer. I have printed your post and put it in a hard file where I will keep info on backups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.