Skype microphone problem

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by cet, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

This is really driving me crazy.I have been reading many posts but could not solve the problem.Yesterday while talking on skype, microphone stopped working.My daughter abroad could not hear my voice.
    I am on Ubuntu 12.04LTS all the updates done.If I try the sound recorder on ubuntu the mic works fine.I have Logitech webcam C270 and also plugged in a seperate front mic it also works.I can record with the sound recorder.I installed pavucontrol checked the settings,opened the terminal and wrote gstreamer-properties and checked there and everything seems fine.Both mics work but not on skype.I purged skype deleted the hidden folders and reinstalled again,but no solution :(
    these are my settings.Help please I need to use skype.

While trying the skype test call I checked the recording menu and tried both microphones but still no solution.

Skype version 4.2.0.11 from the software center.My PC is 64 bit so I also installed ia32-libs. The camera works fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  2. guest

guest Guest

maybe you should upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04 kernel 3.13.29

3. cet

cet Registered Member

I hope someday this post helps to someone.After doing extensive reading I found and tried this on internet and the front mic started to work.

Start skype from the terminal: PULSE_SERVER=127.0.0.1 skype :thumb::D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.